Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 36: I LoVermont! :)

"New England is quite as large a lump of earth as my heart can really take in." -Nathaniel Hawthorne
Driving through windstorms of falling leaves today made me reflect on our time living in CT and how I loved driving the winding tree lined roads. Beauty at every turn. But also the challenge we have now as we make our own route, working our way to York Beach, ME (and moving north and south as much as east!) I remember the funny joke I heard years ago about asking an old New Englander how to get someplace and his response is "You can't get there from here!"  Hmmm I get it even more now than I did then!  ;).     Their other funnies I remember: 
"We have two seasons, winter and the 4th of July!"  :)
"In New England we have 9 months of winter and 3 months of darned poor sledding!"
I'm not really sure who reads this blog, but I do know of one high school friend who said to look out for anything with her family name back here.  I found relatives with a farm and private street not far from where her grandfather lived. Thanks for following the blog, Janet!  ;)
The storm chased us all day and finally made us hunker down for the night!
 Make that 4 pairs of sunglasses!

1 comment:

  1. I've been following your progress since Day 1 ;) And it's been amazing to see your photos of the country and learn from your experiences. I live in MA and have dear friends in Vermont whom I met from the BYU-Hawaii days. My husband and I have been to Woodstock many times and were actually married very nearby in Windsor. We LOVERMONT too :) Cheering you on all the way to the coast!

    ReplyDelete