Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 10: cloud-shine, meadowlarks and hay scrambling

Leaving Glasgow, MT this morning we were given a gift after the heat of yesterday... a beautiful cloud-shiny morning!  ;)  Comfortable with light drizzle and breathtaking skies. 
When I pulled out to wait for Scott the first time this morning I made a dozen phone calls to reserve a room for tonight in Glendive, MT.  No rooms at the inns in the whole town. I asked if there was something going on and the lady said we haven't had a vacancy in 3 years! Since the ND oil works started going crazy I guess. While I was on the phone there was a cancellation, so YEA motel tonight!
She also said: "you have Verizon right? Cuz you'll need it to get reception... :).  Call Josh if that advertisement was enough and you are ready to change after reading this!  ;)
I listened to a Saskatoon radio station and got the Olympic updates...for the Canadians!  It was also interesting listening to Canadians take on our politics.
A couple of moments took me back to my youth today. Most of my stops I enjoyed the song of meadowlarks. Mom and grandma taught me very young that the birds were singing: "Le-hi's a pret-ty lit-tle place". :)  I always recognized their song and felt like they were singing to me.  :)  
Something else today made me smile all day! Two boys did what we did when hay was delivered... jumped, scrambled, leapt and giggled over all the bales!  The pic from my iPad can't really show it but I had to take it anyway to remember their delight!




1 comment:

  1. Wow -- good luck on rooms while you travel through N. Dakota.

    ReplyDelete