Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 6 and the dam tour ;)

As I blog tonight I'm lying on a comfy bed in Kalispell MT at the McGough's home. We are thankful for their hospitality. ** Kailua 1st Ohana are Ohana Forever! **
Days and roads like this peaceful ride/drive out of Libby MT this morning make the whole adventure very VERY cool!

Today while Scott rode north up the Koocanusa Reservoir for 70 miles I went on the dam tour at the Libby Dam (nod to N.L.Vegas Vacation). ;)
I learned that the amount of concrete used to build it could make a straight road for Scott to ride all the way to the east coast. Which isn't a bad idea!  For a long time today I thought: Hey aren't we supposed to be making forward progress EAST? Lots of extra energy is being exerted going north and south and sometimes west, as well as all the ups and downs. Somebody needs to get to work on that concrete bikers road!  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha, for so many reasons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Western Montana is blessed with so much water, I was amazed. And I truly do want to know your friends the McGoughs. I need friends in Kalispell. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts. I would also love to go swimming in one of the lakes. I'm glad you got to connect with the McGoughs. That would be really fun! Keep posting the beautiful pictures for us to see. We can pretend we are on the bike ride, too!

    ReplyDelete