Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 28: happy non-camper ;)

I had a great sleep last night with fluffy pillows, and a fluffy comforter, and showered with fluffy towels. I am such a happy non-camper today!  :)
Our drive/ride started today in Maumee, OH, then south over the river through the beautiful neighborhoods in Perrysburg, then up River Road and eventually moved east into lush farmland and the peaceful country roads of Walbridge and Trowbridge before reaching Lake Erie (which we will follow the rest of the week).
Observations:   *Gas has been consistently $3.95 all over Ohio.   
*Ohio peaches are yummy!!  
*There are no John Deere dealers here. Now all I see are boats and boat dealers!
* For the last 2 weeks this is what I see when I close my eyes:
... Maps and road signs are embedded under my eyelids.  Yep.

3 comments:

  1. awww, this makes me homesick for Ohio! Perrysburg was one of our favorite places. We used to drive along River Road and pick out our dream houses. Isn't it just the perfect little American town? We took the kids trick or treating on Main St in Perrysburg every year...just down the street from that statue. I am so happy you got to enjoy these little places for a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved it! And there are even more beautiful neighborhoods we are seeing along Lake Erie today. What a country! ;)

      Delete
  2. My husband is from Maumee and we really enjoy Lake Erie and that part of the country. Glad you are having such a great trip.

    ReplyDelete