Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 17: wish me luck! really ;)

I belong to a family of MAP LOVERS so I am embarrassed about this post but...
You know how much I would love that straight road from the other day?  :)
I was totally directionally challenged today. Totally.
This sums up my day:
(and you have to know that I keep my generic excedrin in my old excedrin bottle to try to fool my headaches...sometimes it works, if I forget).
The biggest challenges:
* No familiar references for N, S, E and W ... See http://morgan-miles.blogspot.com/2012/08/i-love-mountains-i-mean-i-really-love.html
* Our maps are put into segments on a big sheet folded up to just the map we are on. When we move to the new map I keep forgetting to change my orientation. Notice below that north is facing a different direction each time!  
*When Scott was on a trail I would set the GPS so I could just meet him in a little town. But the GPS wants more of an address than just the town. I won't complicate the explanation but suffice it to say that I wound up in a field several times instead of the trail crossing in town.
*Lots of roads just plain aren't labeled! How am I supposed to know it's CR 45? :P
Scott just laughed right out loud at how badly I misread the distances on this map:
Wish me luck for tomorrow.....  :P
LUCKY DUCKS! and GEESE not needing maps or gps ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment