Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 8: 1 old sore head! small towns are fun :)

We said goodbye to the mountains yesterday. 
I kept looking back at them in the rear view mirror as they got smaller.
But we did the "purple mountains majesty" and now we are in the "how beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain".
All day Scott rode highway 2 that follows the railroad tracks and is dotted with little towns and grain operations periodically. But NO SHADE along the road anywhere! I don't know how he does it!! At least I have the shade of the car.  I found one oasis all day long to await Scott's arrival. ShadeLESS but it still felt like an oasis.
No cell service today. I set the cruise control at 70mph, listened to a lot of Canadian radio, sang to the One Fine Day CD ... which I can when Scott isn't in the car.  ;)  I turn it up loud when I pass him on the road! ;)  
SMALL TOWNS ARE FUN ... here is the welcome sign coming into Rudyard, MT:
But I really don't get how they patch up highway 2. Some sticky white tape stuff is applied to cracks:
As it wears off and flaps in the breeze it looks like the kids in town toilet papered the highway!  :P
OH! ... I found a wildflower :)

No comments:

Post a Comment