Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 28 - Getting to Know Lake Erie

The first half of the day we rode through beautiful farmlands toward Lake Erie & the second half we followed the shoreline.  I tried to imagine that it was the Pacific Ocean on my left & I was on my way through Waimanalo to Makapuu :)   I rode all around the Sandusky waterfront to get a good view of Cedar Point & it's world famous roller coasters.  If my kids were here, maybe I would try one.  Thoughts for the day:
  1. When I grew up cutting our lawn with our Toro mower only the most fancy schmancy folks had riding lawn mowers.  East of the Mississippi (where the lawns grow well & are large, it seems almost everyone has a riding mower.  The guys on the mowers always wave at me as I go by.
  2. I love the feeling as you travel a long distance and finally approach a large body of water (an ocean - or a Great Lake).  The horizon & humidity seem to change.  Today reminded me of driving down Brookhurst approaching Huntington Beach in my youth.
Great biking farm road: flat, no traffic



Tallest corn I've seen
Sunset over Lake Erie

No comments:

Post a Comment