Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 24: serendipity

We got up this morning knowing we wanted to dawdle. We are trying to time our trip to arrive in Cleveland by Labor Day weekend because Heather is going to fly out and join us!!  So basically we have another week to simply move slow and dally. (It's killing Scott to putter around going less than 100 miles per day, but we're doing it!) Today turned into pure serendipity! 
Scott studied the maps (wearing my rhinestoned Costco reading glasses):
We realized heading through backroads towards Rockville, IN (where we are tonight) we would enjoy even more beautiful farm country and COVERED BRIDGES! Now at the risk of getting 'covered bridge fatigue' long before we get to New England, ;) here are some glimpses from today:
Scott protected his bike by not going on dirt roads but my ride and I hit the bumpy dirty roads and saw all we could. (While I blog Scott is giving my ride a good shower at the car wash down the street! Thanks Scott!)

2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures. I promise not to get "covered-bridge-fatigue" so post them all! I especially like the bridge that has "Cross this bridge at a walk", oh, and the two of Scott are excellent, also. How fun to have Heather join you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog and the pictures. Sounds like you are both having a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete