Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 7 - Glacier NP & into the plains

Glacier NP is one of the beautiful spots of the country, and Kathryn & I were able to see some of the highlights today.  I was disappointed not to be able to ride all of Going to the Sun Road due to road construction & mud/gravel, but I was able to ride enough to feel the beauty - so much easier to stop, enjoy, and take pictures on a bike.  We then started the great plains section just east of Glacier - such a change, and a new riding experience for me.  Thoughts for the day:

  1. I am so glad places like Glacier exist that allow us to realize the earth is marvelous, and tranquility exists here daily regardless of the commotion in our lives.
  2. Watching bear cubs chase after their mama bear is really fun to see.
  3. I was sad to leave the mountains, but excited to see new sections of this wonderful country.






4 comments:

  1. Where were the bears -- along Many Glacier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! The black bear and 3 cubs were so close just in front of the above pic to the left as you drive in. The big grizzly and grizzly mom and cub were up on the hillside (where we saw bears the last trip). What a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so cute... 3 boys were paddling a kayak right in those waters above...glanced to there left in the bushes and saw the 4 bears. It was fun to see their faces: surprise. Then terror. Then quick QUICK paddling away! :). WOW ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean THEIR. ;). My thumbs don't know how to spell! ;)

    ReplyDelete